Friday, October 13, 2006

What's this, a clue?

Yesterday, I completed a 5.5 hr drive with two women. Being in a confined space with two women is generally a no no for me. But I made and exception. Once the conversation turned towards the meaning of femininity, I thought that perhaps I'd overestimated my environmental estrogen tolerance level.

It was somewhat enlightening though. If you know me at all, then you know that I am relatively clueless about women. I know I'm clueless because several times I thought that I had some clues, but sisters in my life have been kind enought to correct my misconceptions. More than half the time I just nod knowingly. Honestly, I've just been getting by on some female management techniques I picked up from an old creole friend of mine.

Yesterday, though, I think I may have stumped my foot on a clue.

4 comments:

JD said...

female management techniques? reg...

rh said...

Jen,

My phrasing doesn't always produce trhe same pictures in the minds of others that they do in my head. What are often described as social skills I might think of as relationship management techniques. Relationship management would include social skills plus theory. Female management would be a subset of relationship management.

I hope that serves to clarify my meaning a bit.

Anonymous said...

So... what did you learn?

mike said...

Yeah Reg, what did you learn? Help a brother out!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.