Sunday, October 15, 2006

One more thing bounded emotions

One observation from that car trip was the contrasting ways we seemed to approach managing one's emotions. The women in the vehicle seemed to have as a goal to live with appropriate boundaries around their emotions or at least their emotional responses like the upper and lower bounds on y = sin(x). It has been my practice to try to match my emotions and/or my emotional responses to that which I believe is appropriate in a given situation like the way the limit of y approaches 0 as x goes to infinity in the function y = 1/x. I'm not sure if this observation is characteristic of women and men respectively, but I found that contrast interesting to ponder.

We return home today, and we're adding another woman to the car. It should be interesting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

safe travels, and i am praying about this move to augusta. very exciting!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.