Thursday, August 24, 2006

Security

I am my Father's son. I did not merit this position. This is not an honor awarded to those found worthy. I am His son. This is based on His initiative involving my response. I am chosen. My relationship as a son is based on my Father not on me. I cannot disgrace my way out of the relationship by bringing my family shame. Lack of productivity may cost me income, benefits, and rewards, but it will never affect my sonship. Failure may hurt my pride. Happenstance may disappoint. Promises I'll break, and promises to me will be broken. I will be then as I am now and as I have been since my birth into forever life, my Father's son.

1peter 1:23; john 3:16-18; 1tim2:11-13;eph1:5;gal4:4-6

5 comments:

JD said...

this is your best post yet. it encouraged the fool out of me :)

rh said...

yeah!! I've been trying to get an encouragement rhythm going lately.

Anonymous said...

Also very good. I've been meditating on something similar lately - namely our worth. Where does it come from and how do we emotionally, and psychologically connect to the immensity of our worth in God's eyes? I still haven't figured that one out yet...

rh said...

Ro 8:38 For I am certain that not death, or life, or angels, or rulers, or things present, or things to come, or powers,
39 Or things on high, or things under the earth, or anything which is made, will be able to come between us and the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(BBE)

Eph 3:14 ¶ For this cause I go down on my knees before the Father,
15 From whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
16 That in the wealth of his glory he would make you strong with power through his Spirit in your hearts;
17 So that Christ may have his place in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and based in love,
18 May have strength to see with all the saints how wide and long and high and deep it is,
19 And to have knowledge of the love of Christ which is outside all knowledge, so that you may be made complete as God himself is complete.

rh said...

ali, once you start using words like psychologically, you lose me.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.