Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ongoing Paradigm Shift

Paradigm shift still in progress from Holiness focus to Loving God and people focus.

Consequences

Applied :
It's better to be confident at the risk of being proud, than to be self-abasing in pursuit of humility. I find that people need my confidence. So, I'm willing to risk pride. God has promised to oppose me if I am proud, and then, I'll know I've gone overboard and can make the correction.

Being Applied:
It's better to love at the risk of lusting than to combat desire at the expense of being seen as cold. Greater harm to others will result from perceived coldness from me than will come to me from occasionally lusting.

Under Consideration:
It is better to make an attractive presentation at the risk of being vain than to make a useful thing obscure and unappealing in an effort to avoid vanity.

3 comments:

JD said...

i think i am confused by this post..somewhat

rh said...

To summarize the post, avoiding sin is less important than doing good.

rh said...

I should say that avoiding sin is less important than loving God and loving people.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.