Saturday, December 02, 2006

People I admire- Rita Springer


Last night I was at a Rita Springer (www.ritaspringer.com) concert at my new church. I am not a fan of her music, and last night only served to confirm that. However, her testimony of adopting and raising Justice, her 2yr old Zimbabwean baby boy, as a single woman at the prompting of God made me a fan of the woman in spite of the music.

Really, I just admire people who express a simple faith in the Scriptures and/or the leading of the Holy Spirit. I also admire people who express compassion for people that are not their own, people that they have no reason to care about except they do, people that they have adopt for the purpose of loving them.

2 comments:

JD said...

I love Rita Springer - very jealous you got to see her in concert.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is a great story!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.