Thursday, January 18, 2007

In Focus

I have never been a part of a church that modeled a spirit of gentleness. I have had pastors who could be gentle, and I've experienced gentleness in other churches. Never before, have I experienced a consistent theme of gentleness in every communication from the church or church leaders as I have since I became a part of the leadership team here at In Focus church.

It is refreshing and encouraging to never feel mandated, pushed, driven, inspected, evaluated, or pressured aside from the pressure that I put on myself. I haven't known how to react to it so far. For a while I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, not believing that it people could be so genuinely nice. I made demands on myself above what was asked of me thinking that, perhaps, people weren't being straight with me and were holding me to undisclosed standards.

I'm now resolved to try to enjoy it, if I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did our old church model a spirit of?

rh said...

I think that we had a spirit of love. Also , if there is such a thing, a spirit of effort. I think that we were always trying to be more or different than we were.

JD said...

I agree with the spirit of love!!! And i surely do love all of them that remain there...

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.